Aim: To provide you with an extensive range of training materials, to enable you to facilitate and evaluate complex trauma workshops in your workplace and community.
You will receive 3 x 2 day Training Packages and permission to customise the materials. These are our 3 most popular workshops, provided as 'unbranded' versions as we encourage participants to add their own: facilitation style, colours, logos, case studies, geographical context, cultural perspective etc. The resources have been developed over the past 8 years & have been used to deliver 100's of workshops successfully across Australia.
- Describe adult learning principles and learning styles.
- Discuss the A.D.D.I.E model for researching, designing, developing and evaluating training.
- Discuss challenges & opportunities in facilitation of face-to-face training.
- Participate in an 'Impact of Trauma' workshop, covering the foundation knowledge required to facilitate a workshop.
- Analyse the content of an intermediate level trauma workshop.
- Identify resources for development of trauma training materials in your workplace.
The 3 Training Packages include: PowerPoints for each workshop with video hyperlinks, workbooks (for 1 & 2 below), sample case studies and extra reading material relevant to each workshop. These are provided on a USB.
- Understanding Trauma & Positive Behaviour Support Strategies (2 day Training Program)
- What is Trauma-Informed Care? (2 day Training Program)
- Trauma-Informed Understanding of Violent & Aggressive Behaviours. (2 day Training Program)
Although there are no formal pre-requisites for this training, the target audience is workers and carers with foundation knowledge of trauma theory & experience working with clients who have experienced complex trauma.
You will leave this training well prepared to deliver an interesting workshop on complex trauma in your workplace.